We need you! Volunteer Information
Texas has always had a great history of volunteerism (the Texas revolution may have ended much differently without volunteers). Be a part of Frontier Texas by becoming a Volunteer.
Become a Frontier Texas volunteer and share your time and expertise in the following ways:
- Greet: Welcome and greet visitors to the Museum; provide information and orientation to create the most meaningful visit for adults, families, and school groups.
- Docent/ Guides: Share your knowledge and expertise; Volunteer guides share stories and interesting facts that illuminate the artifacts on view at the museum.
- Events: Helping with special events can involve everything from taking tickets to being a living historian.
- All active volunteers are committed to attend continuing education and enrichment sessions. Volunteers receive a complimentary admission and invitations to sneak previews of exhibits, educational programs. In addition, volunteers are recognized at special parties and events.
Become a Volunteer- It's easy as the Texas Two- Step!
- Submit an application (available at the Information Desk).
- Attend orientation.
Open 7 days a week, the Museum offers a flexible schedule that suits the individual volunteer. All volunteers must be at least 18 years old. Contact the Volunteer Office at (325) 437-2800 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Laura Ingalls Wilder’s 150th Birthday Celebration
Celebrate the 150th anniversary of Laura Ingalls Wilder’s birth with frontier games, activities, dramatic readings and more.
Howl-O-Ween Pet Festival
It's a Howl-o-ween delight!
Summer Camps 2017
You and your kids will love what we have planned this summer!